TOOLDIAG is a collection of methods for statistical pattern recognition. The main area of application is classification. The main capabilities of the program are:
- Different classifier architectures
- Feature selection
- Feature extraction
- Error estimation
- Graphical Interface to the GNUPLOT program
UFF is a package which calculates continuous numerical descriptors from 2-dimensional curve patterns. The UNL FOURIER FEATURES (UFF) are invariant to TRANSLATIONS, ROTATIONS and SCALE CHANGES of the original pattern. This shape descriptor is a general purpose method.
UFF is listed in the following WWW-resources:
Processable example patternsBox with 3 holes Wheel with hole Scissors Stapler
FD is a program which calculates FOURIER DESCRIPTORS from thin, closed curves. You should be familiar with the concept of Fourier Descriptors.
The source code for UFF and FD is identical.
The relevant references are:
- Zahn, C. T., and Roskies, R. Z., "Fourier descriptors for plane closed curves," IEEE Trans. on Computers, vol. C-21, no. 3, pp. 269-281, 1972.
- Persoon, E., and Fu, K.-S., "Shape discrimination using Fourier Descriptors," IEEE Trans. Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, vol. SMC-7, no. 3, pp. 170-179, 1977.
- Gonzalez, R. C., and Woods, R. E., Digital Image Processing, Addison-Wesley, 1992.
VVV --- VIEWING VOLUME VISUALIZER
VVV is a didactical tool to understand viewing and projection in OpenGL.